AffinEco knows safety is among its clients’ topmost priorities, which is why the company emphasizes safety and performance training in the field and is continually evaluating and updating related policies, procedures and practices. One example is its Night Safety Trainers program.
A group of handpicked AffinEco employees is responsible for providing onsite safety training at all client buildings. They travel with laptops pre-loaded with the industry’s latest safety guidance materials, including up-to-date Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) health and safety data sheets. AffinEco’s Night Safety Trainers are also armed with safety training videos that AffinEco created itself to clearly communicate the new GHS Hazcom guidelines.
The trainers conduct sessions in English and Spanish. They operate in all of the company’s territories — which span five states — by pre-arranging site visits and presenting safety and performance instruction directly to AffinEco employees. During each site visit, the trainers hand out relevant printed materials for employees to further review on their own time. They are encouraged to reach out if they have any follow-up questions or need clarification. In addition to GHS guidance, the topics covered include:
- Slips and Falls Prevention
- First Aid
- Emergency Evacuation
- Defensive Safe Driving
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Recognition and Response
- Fire Prevention and Protection
“Simply put, our safety programs work,” said Hytmer Hernandez, AffinEco Supervisor/Inspector/Hiring Coordinator for Special Projects. “With each new strategy we implement, we experience a reduction in incidents. In fact, our insurance company tells us it’s unseen in our industry to have a rate of incidents per employee as low as ours.”
Each training session is documented and sent to the main office for record-keeping purposes, which are particularly relevant to AffinEco’s insurance company. The insurer evaluated AffinEco’s safety experience, commitment and performance so favorably, that it gave the company one of the lowest “modification rates,” or “MOD rates,” in the industry. AffinEco’s is .71 which means, for every insurance dollar charged, the company pays 71 cents. That reduces its premiums, which translates into savings it passes on to you as a client.
AffinEco also uses technology to support safety and performance. SageQuest’s award-winning Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform, Mobile Control, helps the company track and manage its fleet of vans. By connecting to the GPS devices in each vehicle, Mobile Control provides real-time data and automated reports including alerts that warn managers of wasteful and unsafe behavior, like excessive idling or speeding. With Real-Time Mapping, managers know exactly where each vehicle is at any given moment. That means if you have an emergency, a manager can immediately locate the closest vehicle, alert and redirect the driver, and provide you with an estimated arrival time.
What’s more, AffinEco actively promotes and maintains an interest in safety and performance on a regular basis in various ways, such as:
- Safety Bingo: Every day, a safety message is delivered to each employee when he/she clocks in via the company’s telephone timekeeping system, and each message is tied to a Safety Bingo number. The program is designed to help focus staff attention on safety issues in a way that’s fun and that offers the chance to win prize money.
- Employee Spotlight: In each edition of this newsletter, AffinEco profiles an employee (or more than one) whose performance and work ethic deserve public recognition and praise. This engenders a sense of pride within the company’s workforce and encourages staff to strive for a high level of on-the-job performance.
- Safety Milestones: AffinEco takes the time to call attention to and celebrate achievements like incident-free periods of time, specific contributions to building occupant safety, and individual acts that spotlight the benefits of safe work.
“There’s nothing more important to us than the safety of our clients’ tenants and our own people, in combination with providing the best in customer service,” AffinEco Managing Partner Michael Diamond said. “We are committed to constantly seeking out and implementing new methods that help our safety programs evolve, ensure the health and well-being of everyone who steps foot in our clients’ buildings, and help us to improve our service delivery.”
(image courtesy of smartercharger.com)